textSecure will achieve wider adoption when it has a message indicator flag on the icon, like the standard messaging apps. textSecure is open source and hosted on github.
When using textSecure on ATT, the MMS settings page should work without further configurations.
When using textSecure on Verizon, the MMS settings page will need the following configuration:
- MMSC http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
- MMS Port 80
- MCC 310
- MNC 012
When prioritizing ATT's 3G Microcell network traffic, prioritize the following ports for both inbound and outbound:
- 123/UDP: NTP timing (NTP traffic)
- 443/TCP: Https over TLS/SSL for provisioning and management traffic
- 4500/UDP: IPSec NAT Traversal (for all signaling, data, voice traffic).
After NAT detection, 4500/UDP is used
- 500/UDP: IPSec Phase 1 prior to NAT detection (after NAT detection, 4500/UDP is used)